You would all by now be aware of the fact that the CA exams have been postponed to June 2020. Most people would have felt relief, that they received some good news amongst all this chaos and uncertainty. Whereas there would be others who would be feeling confused and lost about what to do now? How can they prepare now? What is the study strategy that should shift to now? For students who were planning on writing, just the single group may be now considering writing both groups! Don't all these thoughts just leave you anxious or confused?
Let’s take it step by step, the very first thing you can do is to STOP PANICKING! Count your blessings first, that you are lucky enough that you are at the comfort of your home, many aren’t that lucky. Try to see the postponement as good news that you just received, see the various ways in which you can make the best out of this situation.
Here are 10 things you can keep working on considering the postponement of the exams
- Analyze your thoughts - Before doing anything, sit down, relax, and perhaps write down all the concerns you may have. This will help you to solve all these issues one by one. Find out the main concern you may have. Unless you know what the problem is how can you fix it?
- Health - Keep your health as a top priority at all times! When giving attention to your physical health, don’t forget about your mental well being as well. Eat healthy food, try and work out a bit every day. There are many home workout resources available now. Also, try and do some meditation for mental peace. Sitting inside for long periods of time could affect your mental outlook as well.
- Prioritize - Try and sort your thoughts, so that you can find out what is the most important task at hand. Understand the importance of each task. Always try to analyse the urgency of the tasks at hand, also try to see what are the results you will get once you finish the task.
- Strategize and act - Think of your preparation till now, see what and how you have completed the portions. And then strategize your studies accordingly. Always remember that ‘ Failing to plan is planning to fail’
- Seek help - If you feel stressed out, sort it out immediately. Don’t just keep your head down with the problem. Try and talk it out with someone who can guide you through properly.
- Evaluate your performance regularly - You must already be trying out test series if you aren’t what you are waiting for? Try at least one test every day on a daily basis. The whole idea is to answer the questions and to measure your improvement. Try and learn from your mistakes, ensure you don’t repeat the same mistakes again and again.
- ICAI material - Keep solving Mock test papers, previous year papers, MCQ’s, RTPs issues by the institute. Use this time as much as you can to practice. Don’t leave any stone unturned.
- Make sure you utilise time properly - CA students who are working along with studying, can now see it as time saved for travelling. Use that time effectively, and put in into studying more.
- Keep following your routine - It’s very easy to slip, and get unproductive. Which is why it’s super important for you to set a proper study schedule and follow that religiously. Include enough breaks, so that you don’t tire out.
- Mind game - At the end, it all boils down to your mind. Which is why its crucial to make sure that you are listening to positive news to keep your thoughts productive. You can achieve great things only with a positive mindset. Understand and never undervalue the power of a positive mindset.
Keep in mind that this pandemic is just a phase, it will go away with time. What we can do during this time period is to stay positive and stay productive!
Stay home and stay safe!