The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI) has released today June 2020 exams will be merged with the CMA Inter and Final programs December exams. Whereas for the foundation exams, students can write exams in a home-based online mode. In order to write the online exams students can use laptops/ desktop/tablets/ mobile phones. The CMA foundation exam will be in MCQ. mode through online examinations.
As the CMA Inter and CMA Final exams are cancelled for the September session, they will be allowed to carry forward the benefits from the June exam to the December session. Today’s notification makes it official that the June exams will not be held at all and have been merged with the December exams. Earlier the CMA session for June 2020 was postponed to September 2020. However, in the new notification, the ICMAI has said that the institute has “decided to cancel the rescheduled Inter and Final examination of June, 2020…due to the Novel Corona Virus (Covid-19) to ensure the interest of all the stakeholders, especially the students/candidates and merge the June, 2020 exams with December, 2020 examination with due carryover of all relevant benefits…”
What are the benefits of the exam being postponed?
- Candidates will not have to reappear for the exams again. The exam for that was submitted by the students for the June 2020 Inter and Final exams will remain the same for the exams to be held in December.
- The fees will be carried over. The fee that was paid of the June exam 2020 will be carried forward to the December exams.
- Subject wise exemption will remain valid - the same exemptions for June will remain the same for the december exams.
- You can add a group with an extra few payments. Students who have already paid the fees for June 2020 Inter and Final exams can add a group by remitting extra payment for the same.
- Those who haven’t applied for the June 2020 exams can make a fresh application for the December exams.
The timetable and schedule for both Inter and Final December 2020 exams will be announced soon.
What does this mean for you as a student?
Do not look at the exam being cancelled in a negative light. See this as an opportunity for you where you can properly prepare for exams and learn the entire syllabus. If you were not confident about any topic this is the perfect chance for you to perfect it.
If you were planning to write just one group, now you have time to prepare for the next group as well. You don’t have to worry about the pandemic affecting your study schedules, we are conducting classes on our own platform here at Lakshya. We provide you with live online classes in HD clarity, students can also view the same videos as a recording if you miss the live class. You will also receive notes and can clear your doubts instantly.