Propel your career to the next level
Admission open for CA, ACCA, CMA USA, CMA India & CS CoursesApply Now
6 Commerce courses you should look into after class 12
Commerce as a stream of education can be defined as the study of trade and business activities that include interchange of goods or commodities on a large scale. Unlike before, now there are a plethora of options for students who wish to have a fulfilling career in the field of commerce! Many people are not aware of the wide spectrum of professional commerce professional courses that are available to them. This article will bring to light all the professional courses that students who have completed their 12th should be aware of.
Pick for courses that offer you longevity, that is not just fads. A career should be able to sustain you for at least 40 years. Here we have given you the list of top 6 courses students need to keep an eye out for.
1. B.Com - B.Com is a great foundation course for students. You can do multiple courses once you have completed this. It’s a 3-year course, students also have an option to do other professional courses such as CA, ACCA, CMA, CS etc along with it. They can also pursue MBA or M.Com after graduation. There are also a number of job opportunities for students both in private and public sectors in the field of accountancy and finance.
2. Chartered Accountancy - CA is a professional course in Accounting. CA has unlimited scope in India, specifically considering the growth in the economy. It is also one of the most prestigious courses one can pursue in the stream of commerce. The job of a CA is to check if the financial affairs of businesses and companies are in accordance with the laws set by Government authorities. You will have to write the exam set by the ICAI.
CA has 3 levels - Foundation, Intermediate and final level. Students will also have to undergo a period of articleship with a qualified CA, this will make them industry-ready. An Inter would get a starting package of 4 lakh and an experienced CA can easily earn 24l.p.a and up.
3. Company Secretary - One of the lesser-known but equally powerful and prestigious job profiles. All the companies require a CS for efficient administration. A company secretary is a senior position in a private sector company or public sector organisation, normally in the form of a managerial position or above. In order to be eligible for the course, students will have to appear for the CSEET exams.
The CS course is divided into three levels - CSEET, CS Executive and CS final level. AFter completing the final level students will have to undergo a period of training, then they can be an associate member of the ICSI. Better communication, leadership and problem-solving skills added with the relevant experience can lead you to the top positions like managing director or the chairman of any organization.
4. Cost Management Accountant ( India) - CMA’s are financial strategic managers with accounting and leadership competencies. Generally, a cost accountant’s job is to collect and analyze the financial information from all the areas of a company required to manage the business within the available resources. The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI) formerly known as ICWAI (Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India) is a premier institution of India which offers education and develops the proficient cost accountants that are highly demanded in the government sector, private enterprises, banking & finance sector.
There are 3 levels to CMA India - CMA Foundation, CMA Inter and Final.
With the rapid growth of the economy, the demand for the CMA’s is also on the rise.
5. Cost Management Accountant (USA) - Unlike the previous course mentioned above this certification is a 1-year programme and is awarded by the IMA. It’s an international programme. Institute of Management Accountants (IMA). This is a US-based worldwide association for accountants and financial professionals working in the business. The CMA certification is highly sought after by Big 4 auditing firms.
CMA USA qualified candidates are also recipients of better financial compensations compared to their non-certified counterparts.
6. B.Voc - BVoc (Bachelor of Vocation) is an emerging course in India that aims at providing adequate skills required for a particular trade to candidates. The course is different from traditional academic programmes as it deals more with application-based studies rather than focusing on only theoretical knowledge. In order to incorporate the requirements as needed by various industries and to make sure that its relevant to the requirement of the local workforce, the curriculum of B.Voc is developed in consultation with the industry and the respective sector skill council.
At Lakshya we give a provision to students to study B.Voc along with ACCA and they can get a 9 paper exemption for the ACCA. They can complete both in just 3 years!